, ,

Top 5 Overrated Moments of 2015



1. The Blue/Black or white/gold dress debate
Somehow this ordinary old picture of a simple dress swept across the entire world in the span of 24 hours. Incase you had been living under a rock during a certain period in 2015 when this image went viral, this dress was the cause of one of the biggest, and probably the dumbest, feuds online. The being that in the eyes of many people, the dress appeared to be white and gold, others saw it as blue/ black and some saw it as both from time to time. Later on scientists revealed the reason behind was difference in human colour perception.

I admit that I had also been a victim and my fair share of debates when I first saw this dress, but I do not understand why this picture ended up on CNN, Ellen and why people literally fought, not only online, but in person. People, me being one of them, had the time to actually sit down and analyze this picture for hours and hours. This dress captivated the world, and was probably the dumbest moments of 2015. Like its kinds embarrassing guys. :P


2. Kylie Jenner lip challenge                  
As if social media couldn’t get worse, a genius decided to come up with the Kylie Jenner lip challenge, where a shot glass gets stuck to your lips by sucking on for at least 10-15 minutes so you end up with disgusting, red, fat lips.  Teenagers have nothing better to do that sit there suck on a shot glass for 15 minutes to end up with something that can potentially wound your lips permanently. Really?





3. Hotline-bling music video
Now I admit that I found most of these memes hilarious, but I couldn’t help but feel bad for the guy :( But, on the bright side, it lead many people to youtube to watch the actual video. The countless memes got tiring after a while, and the number of memes slowly died down.




4. “Why you always lying” vine
I honestly have nothing negative to say, and by adding it in this list I simply mean that it had been used quite a lot for memes. This certain vine had gotten thousands of shares and people even made their own version, which I felt was equally as funny. Bottom line is that I freaking love than vine.







      5Snapchat filters
Every single person that own a snapchat account made a snapstory the day those filters were released. Personally, my favourite was when we could vomit out rainbows.  I don’t have much to say about this because I actually very much love it, and all the filters and fun.






There you go guys, my top 5 most overrated moments that occurred last year, 
Ritika xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images